The following are some links to articles and other resources to support Dr. Gary Stager’s Fireside Chat, “The Education Revolution?” at Trinity College, The University of Melbourne – 2 September 2009.
- Gary Stager’s personal web site
- Gary Stager’s personal blog
- Gary Stager’s articles in The Huffington Post
- My bio
- Follow me on Twitter
Gary Stager’s cover story, School Wars, from GOOD Magazine
Gary Stager’s article about Australian Deputy PM Julia Gillard’s education adviser, Educators can learn nothing from Chancellor Klein’s visit (from Crikey)
This article nearly got my entire editorial team fired for what the magazine owner viewed as an unfair (and now proven) attack on President George W. Bush prior to his re-election.
Gary Stager’s recent spotlight presentation from the National Educational Computing Conference (high-quality video) – Learning Adventures: Transforming Real and Virtual Learning Environments
Gary Stager’s recent keynote debate from NECC – Recipe for a Disruptive Keynote
Other recommended resources
- Deborah Meier and Diane Ravitch’s “conversation,” Bridging Differences.
- Alfie Kohn’s brilliant work on learning, teaching and education
- Test-resistor and crap detector, extraordinaire, Susan Ohanian’s web site
- Jo Boaler’s brilliant dissection of how “scientifically-proven and research-based” methodologies have been used as anti-knowledge codewords for retarding school improvement – Where has All the Knowledge Gone?
- Roger Schank’s Education Outrage blog
- Teacher Certification, Teach for America, and Teacher Effectiveness by Linda Darling-Hammond, et al.
- Jonathan Kozol’s latest book. Letters to a Young Teacher
- Herbert Kohl’s anthology, The Herb Kohl Reader
- Frank Smith’s book, The Book of Learning and Forgetting
- Gerald Bracey on the Huffington Post
Veteran educator Gary Stager, Ph.D. is the author of Twenty Things to Do with a Computer – Forward 50, co-author of Invent To Learn — Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom, publisher at Constructing Modern Knowledge Press, and the founder of the Constructing Modern Knowledge summer institute. He led professional development in the world’s first 1:1 laptop schools thirty years ago and designed one of the oldest online graduate school programs. Gary is also the curator of The Seymour Papert archives at DailyPapert.com. Learn more about Gary here.