Here me out.
NBA players, coaches, trainers, and support staff should receive COVID-19 vaccinations immediately for the following reasons.
- It will keep players healthy while they entertain us and keep fans at home. For a variety of reasons, the league has decided not to play in a bubble again, despite its 100% success rate of no Coronavirus spread.
- Teams won’t spread virus while traveling.
- Sport heroes taking the vaccine will influence others to do so when it’s their turn.
- The number of doses required to fully protect the NBA is a rounding error given the number of doses needed for the entire population.
- Rich folks will figure out a way to jump the queue anyway.
Vaccinating NFL teams in playoff contention is a good idea too.
Veteran educator Gary Stager, Ph.D. is the author of Twenty Things to Do with a Computer – Forward 50, co-author of Invent To Learn — Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom, publisher at Constructing Modern Knowledge Press, and the founder of the Constructing Modern Knowledge summer institute. He led professional development in the world’s first 1:1 laptop schools thirty years ago and designed one of the oldest online graduate school programs. Gary is also the curator of The Seymour Papert archives at DailyPapert.com. Learn more about Gary here.