G’Day from Australia!
- Is American Federation of Teachers President Randi Weingarten working for the enemy (Gates Foundation, Obama Department of Education)? Read this or this and decide for yourself.
- What should I do when I think that my friends’ work is embarrassing and taking education in the wrong direction?
- Can your school have entrance exams for little children and still say that it’s progressive or empowering?
- Can you call your work transformative if you never cite a single example of things changing?
- Can you advertise that your school is innovative if you adhere to a curriculum purchased from Switzerland?
- When will professional development end its reliance on asking Twitter followers “Why do you like Twitter?” before a bored, captive and perplexed audience?
More soon as they occur to me…
Veteran educator Gary Stager, Ph.D. is co-author of Invent To Learn — Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom, publisher at Constructing Modern Knowledge Press, and the founder of the Constructing Modern Knowledge summer institute. He led professional development in the world’s first 1:1 laptop schools thirty years ago and designed one of the oldest online graduate school programs. Gary is also the curator of The Seymour Papert archives at DailyPapert.com. Learn more about Gary here.