Cymbal Press is thrilled to announce that Life in E Flat – The Autobiography of Phil Woods has been nominated as Book of the Year by the Jazz Journalists Association. The awards will be announced on March 21st.
Life in E Flat – The Autobiography of Phil Woods is the first book published by my new publishing company. Read the story behind Cymbal Press and my motivation for publishing books like this legendary musician’s autobiography here.
Congratulations to all of the nominees in this category!
- “Bebop Fairy Tales; An Historical Fiction Trilogy on Jazz, Intolerance, and Baseball,” by Mark Ruffin
- “Dave Brubeck: A Life in Time” by Philip Clark
- “Straighten Up and Fly Right” by Will Friedwald
- “Ornette Coleman: The Territory & the Adventure” by Maria Golia
- “Play the Way You Feel” by Kevin Whitehead
- “Life In E Flat – The Autobiography of Phil Woods” by Phil Woods with Ted Panken
Veteran educator Gary Stager, Ph.D. is co-author of Invent To Learn — Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom, publisher at Constructing Modern Knowledge Press, and the founder of the Constructing Modern Knowledge summer institute. He led professional development in the world’s first 1:1 laptop schools thirty years ago and designed one of the oldest online graduate school programs. Gary is also the curator of The Seymour Papert archives at DailyPapert.com. Learn more about Gary here.