- As I often tell friends, if you’re not on track to be a principal by age 35, you are screwed. Education is at least as ageist a field as any other.
- Selective high schools are bad for democracy.
- What the hell is the “High School of Teaching, Liberal Arts and the Sciences?” They left out lunch and P.E. in the school’s name. Again, I remind you that children of privilege attend schools named for poets, Dead Presidents, and trees.
- Nothing trumps an educator of color super dedicated to test-prep.
- Of course the current Principal of the vulgar Stuyvesant is going to head a military boarding school. That’s what Stuyvesant creates.
- WOWEE!!!! A former teacher becomes a principal!!!! There must be a shortage of 7-11 night managers with Broad training.
- 4% of Stuyvesant students are children of color in NYC!
So many lessons in this one article about the new principal of Stuyvesant High School in NYC…